Bou is a new-school brand company for those creating something novel, radical, or flat out weird. As our team expands, we’re looking for a brand-driven designer with 2D animation skills.
Working at Bou
When joining Bou, you'll get to work directly with our 50+ brands, ranging from early-stage companies to the fastest-growing scale-ups and more established brands like universities and non-profits. You'll become a part of an all-hands-on-deck team building brands through marketing, communications, design, and web development.
Your daily tasks
As a designer at Bou, your typical days include tasks like concepting brand ideas and identities, designing websites and other brand applications, supporting marketers in concepting and creating campaigns, working with clients and managing projects, and – well, anything that building world-class brands requires at that very moment.
- A deep understanding for branding – you know that visuals are just one aspect of branding and that your participation is valuable from first brand positioning exercise to a finished identity and applying it to continuous brand building efforts
- 3+ years of hands-on graphic design experience – You have an extensive portfolio from working as a designer or an art director in an agency or in-house for a brand-driven company
- Simply put: you’re a very good designer – You know this, but you don’t let it go over your head. You value straight talk and direct feedback, and want to know when your work is not bang-up
- You understand the technology, tools and contexts your designs are built on – You work well with developers and writers, and understand how to efficiently craft world-class work together
- You have solid skills in 2D animation – You consider motion as part of a brand's visual identity, and can craft some smooth movement on websites and other digital channels
- People business is your business – You work well with other designers, marketers, communications professionals, developers and have no barriers of being the first point-of-contact for our clients
- The ability to roll up your sleeves and get tactical – We don’t have above-all directors or pure strategists at Bou
- Hunger to learn from a wide range of industries and technologies – You are excited to build brands for a great variety of companies, from handcrafted coffee brands to quantum computing companies
We acknowledge that finding a person who ticks every box is nearly impossible. But if you felt these definitely are your shoes to fill, show us what you got. And show us your passion to grow as well, because more than anything, we are looking for those "If I don’t know, I'll figure out" -type of brand builders.
Note also that we keep updating this description to match our current needs. If this version was spot on, act now.
Get your foot in the door: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 16.10.2020