Bou is a new-school brand company for those creating something novel, radical, or flat out weird. As our team expands, we’re looking for a developer with a visual eye for web experiences.
Working at Bou
When joining Bou, you'll get to work directly with our 50+ brands, ranging from early-stage companies to the fastest-growing scale-ups and more established brands like universities and non-profits. You'll become a part of an all-hands-on-deck team building brands through marketing, communications, design, and web development.
Your daily tasks
As a developer at Bou, your typical days include tasks like planning upcoming projects, coding fiercely and documenting your ideas. As we believe in handcrafted solutions you will be always learning new technologies and tools to make your daily tasks diverse. Your goals won’t only be to empty your Trello board, since researching tech and documenting your work is highly valued. If inspiration strikes you might even spend time contributing to open source repositories or spend a few days creating your own.
- Experience and skills to use Node, React and Typescript – We are handcrafting websites with Node, React and Typescript so being able to do some black magic with them is the starting point. Other useful but not required tools to know include:
- NextJs / Serverside rendering
- GatsbyJs / Static rendering
- Nx / Monorepositories and extensible dev tools
- Angular / Web app development
- Contentful / Headless cms
- Google Cloud Platform / Backend services
- Google Analytics and Tag manager / Analytics
- Understanding design – You should have skills to use modern web design tools like Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch together with our designers and writers
- Animation comes natural – You bring websites alive with beautiful motion, be it smooth transitions, clever hovers or magical parallax effects
- The ability to roll up your sleeves and get tactical – We don’t have above-all directors or pure strategists at Bou
- SEO 101 – we believe that when you are crafting the web, you should know basics of search engine optimization to deliver websites that are optimized from the start
We acknowledge that finding a person who ticks every box is nearly impossible. But if you felt these definitely are your shoes to fill, show us what you got. And show us your passion to grow as well, because more than anything, we are looking for those "If I don’t know, I'll figure out" -type of brand builders.
Note also that we keep updating this description to match our current needs. If this version was spot on, act now.
Get your foot in the door: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 14.10.2020