Bou is a new-school brand company for those creating something novel, radical, or flat out weird. Our next development hire is most likely someone who handles a modern web stack and has a visual eye for digital experiences.
Working at Bou
When joining Bou, you'll get to work directly with our 100+ brands, ranging from early-stage companies to more established brands, universities, and nonprofits. And we really do mean directly – we don’t have key account managers or pure strategists at Bou. You'll become a part of an all-hands-on-deck team building brands through marketing, communications, design, and web development.
Your daily tasks
As a developer at Bou, your typical days include tasks like coding websites, documenting your ideas and scheduling upcoming projects. As we believe in handcrafted solutions, you'll be always encouraged to study new technologies and tools and make your daily work diverse. Your goals won’t only be to empty your Trello board, since researching tech and documenting your work is highly valued. If inspiration strikes you might even spend time contributing to open source repositories or spend a few days creating your own.
- Modern web development stack – we handcraft websites with Node, React and Typescript so being able to do some magic with them would be an optimal starting point. Other useful but not required tools to know include:
- NextJs or GatsbyJs / Static & Server-Side Rendered
- Nx / Monorepositories and extensible dev tools
- Angular / Web App development
- Contentful / Headless CMS
- Google Cloud Platform / Backend services
- Google Analytics and Tag manager / Analytics
- Understanding the role of design and text – you should have skills (or quickly learn) to use modern web design tools like Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch together with our designers and writers
- Animation comes natural to you – you bring websites alive with beautiful motion – be it smooth transitions, clever hovers or immersive parallax effects
- SEO 101 – we believe that when you are crafting the web, you should know basics of search engine optimization to deliver websites that are optimized from the start
- Hunger to learn from a wide range of industries – we build brands for a great variety of products and companies, from handcrafted coffee to mobile games and waste-sorting robotics
We acknowledge that finding a person who ticks every box is pretty challenging. That’s why we prefer an “If I don’t know, I’ll figure it out” -attitude over having a perfectly matching CV & portfolio.
Note that we keep updating this job description to match our current needs. If this version was spot on, act now. When we have an optimal candidate, it's just about finding the right time to join forces.
Last updated May 24, 2021