Open Position: Communications & PR
Bou is a new-school brand company for those creating something novel, radical, or flat out weird. We’ll be hiring again soon, and the following description is our best shot at portraying our next communications team member.Apply now
- Position:Full time
- Team:Communications & PR
- Relocation:Possible, contact email@example.com
- Remote work:Hybrid model of office and remote work
- Working language:English
Working at Bou
When joining Bou, you'll get to work directly with our 150+ brands, ranging from early-stage companies to more established brands, universities, and nonprofits. And we really do mean directly – we don’t have key account managers or pure strategists at Bou. You'll become a part of an all-hands-on-deck team building brands through marketing, communications, design, and web development.
Your daily tasks
Our next communications team member will most likely have experience in leading and executing PR and media relations for multiple brands. They’ll likely have a very proactive approach to media work: someone that can craft a solid PR strategy but is constantly on the lookout for new opportunities and angles to promote our brands and their key spokespersons.
Experience in other areas of communications such as communications strategy, content and copywriting, or crisis communications is considered a plus.
In an ideal situation, our next hire would also be ready to lead brand work for a client or two from the get-go: guaranteeing that our creative work is aligned with the brand, keeping the client happy, and managing projects in a smooth manner.
Optimally, our next hire would also be ready to lead brand work for a client or two from the get-go: guaranteeing that our creative work is aligned with the brand, keeping the client happy, and managing projects in a smooth manner.
Skills we require
- 3+ years of relevant work experience – this could mean working in a communications role at an agency, in-house or freelancing, or working in a field like public affairs or journalism
- Proactive approach to working with the media – you know how to write and distribute a press release, but don’t expect a mass distribution to always do the trick
- Excellent English writing skills and mastery of tone of voice – you’re quick at digesting new information and wired to turn it into a provoking story
- 2+ years client communications or project management experience – you keep a cool head under pressure, and can give and take candid feedback well
- Quick to understand new industries – we build brands for a great variety of products and companies, from handcrafted coffee to mobile games and waste-sorting robotics
- Strong written and spoken English, native in internet – Nordic languages are an advantage but not a necessity, and having worked with international brands is considered a plus
Benefits we offer
- Occupational health care – Extensive occupational health care through our service provider
- Flexible work – Feel free to work from home or the office
- Birthday as a holiday – a paid one, of course
- Lunch vouchers – Lunch deduction through our service provider
- Phone subscription
- Professional growth – Opportunity to join a growing team of professionals that won’t accept anything less than being world-class
We acknowledge that finding a person who ticks every box is pretty challenging. That’s why we prefer an “If I don’t know, I’ll figure it out” attitude over having a perfectly matching CV & portfolio. We’ll keep updating this job description to match our current needs.
We will fill the position once we find a suitable person.