Open Application: Design
Bou is a new-school brand company for those creating something novel, radical, or flat out weird. We’ll be hiring again soon, and the following description is our best shot at portraying our next design team member.Apply now
- Position:Full time
- Relocation:Possible, contact email@example.com
- Remote work:Hybrid model of office and remote work
- Working language:English
Working at Bou
When joining Bou, you'll get to work directly with our 150+ brands, ranging from early-stage companies to more established brands, universities, and nonprofits. And we really do mean directly – we don’t have key account managers or pure strategists at Bou. You'll become a part of an all-hands-on-deck team building brands through marketing, communications, design, and web development.
Your daily tasks
Our next design team member will most likely have experience in leading design work for multiple brands. Your typical days include tasks like concepting brand ideas, crafting dashing visual identities, designing websites and other (digital) brand applications, and planning and creating visuals for campaigns. You’ll be working on these closely together with other designers, marketers, writers, and developers.
We’re looking for our next hire to be ready to lead brand work for a client or two from the get-go: guaranteeing that our creative work is aligned with the brand, keeping the client happy, and managing projects in a smooth manner.
Skills we require
- 5+ years of design experience – you have an extensive portfolio from working as a designer or an art director, at an agency or in-house
- Deep understanding of branding – you know that a great visual identity is just one aspect of branding, and understand that your expertise is needed from the first positioning exercise to continuous marketing and communications efforts
- Simply put: you’re a very good designer – you know this, but you don’t let it go over your head. You value straight talk and direct feedback and want to know when your work is not first-rate
- You understand the technology and tools your designs are built on – you work well with developers and understand how much time making pixel-perfect work requires
- Client communications and project management experience – You're confident running interviews, meetings and leading projects by yourself or with a team. You keep a cool head under pressure, and can give and take candid feedback well
- Quick to understand new industries – we build brands for a great variety of products and companies, from handcrafted coffee to mobile games and waste-sorting robotics
- Working proficiency in English – it will be your first working language as we work with several international brands and communicate in English within our team
Benefits we offer
- Occupational health care – Extensive occupational health care through our service provider
- Flexible work – Feel free to work from home or the office
- Birthday as a holiday – a paid one, of course
- Lunch vouchers – Lunch deduction through our service provider
- Phone subscription
- Professional growth – Opportunity to join a growing team of professionals that won’t accept anything less than being world-class
We acknowledge that finding a person who ticks every box is pretty challenging. That’s why we prefer an “If I don’t know, I’ll figure it out” attitude over having a perfectly matching CV & portfolio. We’ll keep updating this job description to match our current needs.
Note that this is an open application, and we’re not actively hiring just yet. But when we do, it would be very nice to have your open application in our hands. If you still have questions about the position please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.